Wednesday, March 5, 2014

E-Book To Completely Replace Paper Book?


A perfect world has books that you can read, explore, discover, learn, and grow.

Aside from my phone and tablet, books are my best companions wherever I go. I can’t live without books.

I’m a huge fan of young adult fantasy and adventure. These are the genres that allow me to forget about the crazy, mundane world and travel to realms bizarre and, most of the time, different from our own.

When it comes to books, I love reading paperbacks. The feel and smell of real paper is just amazing. There is something unexplainable when you are flipping through the pages of actual books. But when I’m on a long trip by bus, I would choose E-books. Not only it would save me from the bulk and weight, it would allow me to enjoy my reads while I am on a bus.

Well, let’s admit it. Technological advancement offers to make things easier for us to do. Personally, I don’t want to choose which is better between E-Book and paper book because I am comfortable with both. But on this article, I would like to share some of the differences between the two for you to decide which one would you choose to read your favorites.

Price 
E-books are way cheaper than paper books. There are different determining factors on the prices of these two variants but obviously, digital publishing does not involve tremendous production cost.

Access 
Kindle, Nook or iPad can hold thousands of e-books depending on its storage size. Unlike the paper books, you don’t have to go to the library or actual bookstore to search for the books you want to read. You can easily browse, search, download or buy it through your reader.

Weight 
Evidently, with E-book reader you don’t have to worry about carrying a thick and heavy item. That is the advantage of E-book reading. Regardless of how many books you need to bring, you can do it in one slim, lightweight gadget.

Ease of Use 
Do you think scrolling is easier than flipping? E-book reading is quite easier than flipping of pages. Besides, E-book compatible gadgets have several features on how to view your pages, font size, etc. But as I’ve mentioned earlier, actual books give you a unique feeling.

Portability
Anywhere you go, you don’t have to worry about choosing which books you are going to bring with you. With your E-book reader, you can bring them all and read them anytime. A gadget like an iPad is easy to carry and it won’t be a trouble on your luggage.

Safety 
E-book safety is in your reader, on how you protect your gadget. A paper book needs tender care to always ensure that it’s safe from moisture, dust, paper-eating insects, extreme heat, and other elements that would damage the pages and the cover.

Books are like doors to different dimensions where fun, adventure and surprises await us. While we are enjoying the drift of each tale, we are also discovering and learning something new. In this age of technology that makes available our good reads through hi-tech tools, such as the Kindle, Nook and iPad, we should also consider how to save and spend our money wisely. It is very practical to opt E-book reading but for me, there can be no substitute to the unique and indescribable feeling of reading paper books.

Now, it is up to you to choose. Happy reading!


Don’t forget to follow my other blogs, Bloodspots' Harbor and The Cuthing Edge!

Also check out and get a copy of my color book, A Walk Through Life at Xlibris.com. It is also available in Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other resellers worldwide.


No comments:

Post a Comment