Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013: A Fulfilling Journey


December is always the most challenging month for me. Why? Because I need to deal with my weakness in shopping just to get the items I need for gift-giving. More than that, I need time to look back at my whole-year journey and see if I could set out beautiful pieces that I should be thankful for.

I don’t think I need to enumerate all the national events that concern us. Our country will always have frustrating political and economic problems. Terrible calamities sadly claimed the lives of many of our brethrens, ruined many homes, devastated several provinces and left survivors in trauma, agony and many troubles. In the face of all these cruel events, the Filipino spirit is always alive and keeping us from rising from our horrific fall. We may be bruised, injured and dying, but we will always pull through.

While we despise the unspeakable deeds of some of our government leaders and mourn for our losses, we still praise for our successes as a country. Many Filipino women have proven their beauty and brilliance to the world in different beauty pageants. Our legendary boxers continue to be heroes in the ring. Various talents display their prowess for the world to see. Filipinos will always shine amidst the world’s crowd and for that, we should be grateful.

My 2013 journey has been a complicated but fulfilling one. Laden with different challenges, I can still say that it has been a good year. So much have happened, but I would be happy to share the things that have changed or contributed a great deal to improve my life.
Health - Again, I survived the year without major health problems. Health is among the most important things that we need to maintain in order to actualize and achieve our goals.

Career - I found a new job. I wasn’t wrong to give up an almost five-year work for a more decently paid and challenging job. Sometimes, we need to get out of our comfort zones to see more of ourselves and our capabilities.

Book Project - It’s too early to share but I have started writing my first fan-fic novel. Writing a book is a long process, but it feels amazing when you started working on your dream.

Blog - Maintaining three blogs, The Lightning Bulb, The Cuthing Edge and Bloodspots’ Harbor is not really easy if you were working 11 hours every day. But I am proud to have done that. Giving a new look to Bloodspots’ Harbor is kind of a challenge considering its new themes.

Birthday - My birthday had always been memorable since I found my Writers Family. It is very heartwarming to find people like them who always find a way to surprise me on my birthday.

Christmas - To give up a Christmas party for a cause is very inspiring. We didn’t have a fabulous party but we had a great luncheon. We also had a remarkable costume party and a fine dinner with another group of writers.

Books & Movies - Although I only read and re-read few good books this year, I have watched almost a hundred movies and TV Series. They were all good and filled with lessons I can use in my own journey.

Homecoming - After four years, I am going home for Christmas and New Year’s celebrations. I needed to fill in the void that’s in my heart for missing my family. I also need to see the kids and spend time with my mother.

My wishes in 2012 for 2013 came true. Truly, prayers are heard if you would believe in God and work hard to achieve those that you dream to happen. As the year 2013 passes, I wish for a life-changing 2014. Dreams do come true, so start making some!


No comments:

Post a Comment